Monday, May 11, 2015

The Old Jail on Route 6A in Barnstable, MA

The Old Jail, Route 6A Barnstable MA
Haunted Barnstable Tour Starts Here at the Old Jail

It is a very hot day here today. Mom and I turned the air conditioner on in the car as we were out taking photographs of Cape Cod. I am working on a Haunted Cape Cod calendar for Zazzle and wanted to come here. On the way down, Mom asked what I would do if I ever saw a ghost. I really don't know. I think I would be okay if it were in the middle of a bright sunny afternoon, with lots of other people around. It would also be nice, if it was a place like this and not my own house. I don't think I would be as happy in my own house at 2 am.  

The Old Jail is dated back to about 1690 to 1700. People say that makes it one of the oldest existing jails in the US. I doubt if any of it is the original jail. They also say that it has moved several times. For our purposes, it is said to be haunted. The local paranormal group, the Cape and Islands Paranormal Research Society (CAIPRS) starts their local haunted tour from here. That is definitely on my list of things to do this summer.

I've been told that people can pay to stay here overnight. I really have no desire to do that. Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment