Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Recycling Plastic Bottles and Aluminum Cans

shop and shop recycling center
Clean and Convenient Recycling
While I don't use that many plastic bottles or aluminum cans, I am always aware of the impact they have on our landfill. All of our garbage is sent to a facility about 70 miles away to be burned. The costs have started to skyrocket. Therefore we have easy recycling at the landfill. However, because Massachusetts has a bottle bill, we are charged a deposit of 5 cents for every plastic bottle or can of soda we buy. The place that sells it has to take it back. If I bring it here, I get my nickle back. If I take it to the landfill, the town gets the nickle. It was only $2 after I recycled at the Stop & Shop, but it was my two dollars and it did buy a loaf of bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment