Friday, May 15, 2015

Green Briar Nature Center Herb Sale

Green Briar Herb Sale
English Cowslip Growing in the Greenbriar Garden

I stopped by the Greenbriar Nature Center to buy some herb plants today. However I couldn't resist stopping and looking at the wildflower garden. I love English Cowslip. It's a very pretty flower and it smells wonderful too! I enjoyed learning about many flowers and took lots of pictures. Some of these will be showing up in my own garden. I'll bring the pictures to the local garden center and ask them if they carry these.

I think this is the only way to pick out plants for my garden. I try not to buy plants online. The catalogues always seem to have misleading photographs. This way I can see the actual plant. I also love to look at the plant pairings to learn get ideas for my garden and borders.

Then I went to the sale area and bought some herb plants. Although many of them are perennials, many of mine didn't survive this year's very harsh winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment