Thursday, May 21, 2015

Recycling at the Sandwich Transfer Station

sandwich massachusetts transfer station
Recycling Books at the Sandwich Transfer Station

Disposing of household trash is very expensive in the Town of Sandwich. We pay about $100 just to enter the facility. Then we pay about a dollar for plastic blue bags to throw in the general trash bin. That does make it fairer for individuals like myself compared to large families. Why should I pay the same amount to dispose of trash as a family of four?

It also makes us very aware of what we put in those trash bags. The town has made it very easy to recycle. I have a bunch of old books that need to be thrown out. Putting them in trash bags would be very expensive. Instead I just put them in the Donate Books bin. Every day I take 10 or 15 books to the transfer station. I can conveniently park beside them. Because they are so heavy, it's hard for me to do too many at a time. However, since I go by the transfer station daily, I just pop in and unload a few. In a few weeks, they will all be recycled.

No comments:

Post a Comment