Monday, September 7, 2015

Cape Cod Labor Day Traffic - Bad as Ever


I live about three miles from the Sagamore Bridge. That's one of two bridges that gets people on and off Cape Cod. Every Sunday during the summer, we see heavy traffic and backups on Route 6A which is just around the corner from my house. Labor Day is just about as bad as traffic gets and today was no exception.

Everyone was very well behaved, there was no road rage and we all survived it. I'm just glad that I wasn't sitting in it. I ventured out to take this video, pick up a few things at the supermarket and then came home. I admit that I haven't left the yard again.

There's talk of adding a third bridge. Right now there are two bridges with 4 lanes on and 4 lanes off. A third bridge will add another two, maybe three lanes. Just what good will that do when we are looking at these tie-ups. All that will do is encourage more people and more cars to clog our streets. Oh wait, then they will want to make the Cape Cod roads bigger. Remember the Joni Mitchell song, The Paved Paradise and Made a Parking Lot. That's about what that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment